Wednesday, April 9, 2008

roller skate line dancing

At open skate on sunday night, something strange happened.

There i was, skating in a circle as usual, when
THE LIGHTS WENT OUT
THE BLACK LIGHTS CAME ON
THE DJ PLAYED SOME SONG
then
NEARLY EVERYONE IN ALL OF SKATE-LAND STAMPEDED TO THE CENTER OF THE FLOOR (almost knocking a bewildered ROLLERKID right on her ROLLERFACE)
then
EVERYONE STARTED DOING THIS SYNCHRONIZED LINE DANCE THING to some hip hop song. It was dark so it was hard to see the steps but it looked more Electric Slide than Soulja Boy. It was one of those songs that tells you how to do the dance, IN THE SONG. (is there a name of that kind of song? DanceStructions?) God, I wish i could remember the song but all the songs at skateland kind of meld together in my head. I think it had the words "Left" and "Right" in the song. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so please let me know in the comments so I can learn the steps for next time.

Gotta split -- but I'm gonna post later about the fascinating subject of ADJUSTING YOUR TRUCKS. later doods

No comments: