Wednesday, April 9, 2008

OW MY FEET

my right foot is in trouble. i have a WICKED blister on the bottom of my foot. I had to stop skating for a while on Sunday and basically paint most of the bottom of my foot in Liquid Bandage. (Maximum Bastard had some in his bag. Wait, i mean Magnificent Bastard. I can never remember his name. Doesn't Maximum Bastard sound better? Glad you agree.)

Liquid Bandage is this clear gooey stuff that smells like airplane glue. (meaning, DELICIOUS!) It comes in a little bottle with a little brush, nail polish style. it creates a layer of fake skin over your blister. at this point i am thinking about making a pair of socks out of liquid bandage.

Also, I keep ripping my tights. I realize that ripped tights are very punk rock. However, I would like to have my tights not fall apart. Why even bother with the tights? To explain, let's take a minute to remember Rollerskating Outfits I've Known.

1. First time skating - wore jeans. no pads. fell on my knees/ass several times. Hurt to wear pants for like 2 weeks and had bruise the size of my ass on my ass. Nunca mas.

2. Jeans and kneepads. Fell on my ass a few more times but at least started to learn how to fall forward. That was good. Bad: HOLY CRAP WERE MY JEANS FRICKIN GROSS UNDER MY KNEEPADS. if there is one thing i hate it is having my meticulous jean-washing schedule thrown off.

3. shorts and big-ol tube socks. i have these cool puma blue and white tube socks that go right up to my knees. i figured they'd be a good derby steez. i was right! and i get to show off my great gams. oh wait. my gams are actually somewhat mushy and blindingly white (sometimes with a lovely blue tinge from all the bruises!) Yeah, so I'm a little self concious, DO YOU WANT TO MAKE SOMETHING OF IT Plus, since it's winter (and i am a total wuss about the cold) i have to wear regular pants, and then change at the rink. This is unacceptable because I am clumsy and invariably end up dumping the contents of my pants pockets all over the floor. Also, it's unnacceptable because I hate putting my jeans back on when I'm all sweaty at the end of the night. This might work better in the summer, though.

4. THE CURRENT LOOK. black tights, black tube socks with white stripes, and shorts. Looks pretty good and i don't have to worry about having busted legs.

Here's the problem. My knee pads fasten with velcro. The velcro catches on the tights and rips them. I look punk rock for a few minutes and then my tights basically self-destruct. Maybe that is what happens when you buy 2 dollar tights.

Anyway, to buy: liquid bandage and tights. in bulk.

No comments: